Here at New England Shaving, we understand that each person has their unique shaving preferences and needs, which is why we provide something for everyone.
Here is a breakdown of our razor blades for men:
- Double Edge Razor Blades: Our collection of double edge razor blades are renowned for their ability to provide a close and precise shave. Paired with our safety razors, they are less likely to cause skin irritation compared to multi-blade cartridge razors.
- Single Edge Razor Blades: Our single edge razor blades range offers precision for specific grooming tasks and provides unique grooming options due to their single-edge design. Our straight razors provide an exceptionally close and smooth shave.
How do you choose the right razor blade?
Choosing the right razor blade depends on your individual shaving needs and preferences. Consider factors like your skin type, hair thickness, and razor type:
- For sensitive skin, opt for a razor blade known for its gentle and smooth shave.
- If you have coarse or thick hair, select a sharper blade that can handle the task efficiently.
- Double edge razor blades are versatile and often provide a close shave with less irritation.
- Seek recommendations, and be open to some trial and error to find the blade that suits you best.
How often should you change razor blades?
The frequency of blade changes can vary based on your usage and the type of razor you have. However, here are some general guidelines:
- For disposable razors with multiple blades, replace them every 5-10 shaves or when you notice a decline in performance.
- Safety razor blades, including double edge blades, usually last for 5-7 shaves, but this can vary depending on your hair type and blade quality.
- Straight razor blades require regular honing and stropping to maintain their sharpness. Replace them when they become dull or damaged.
- Listen to your skin and adjust the frequency of blade changes if you experience irritation or discomfort.
What are the different coatings on razor blades?
Razor blades often come with various coatings, each designed to enhance performance and durability. Here are some common types:
- Stainless Steel: This is a basic coating that protects the blade from rust and corrosion, extending its lifespan.
- Chrome: Chrome coating further enhances durability and provides resistance to corrosion, making the blades last longer.
- Platinum: A platinum coating is used to make the blade smoother and sharper. It also helps in reducing friction during the shave, offering a more comfortable experience.
- Titanium: Titanium coatings help maintain the sharpness of the blade for a longer time. They also make the blades more durable and less prone to corrosion.
- Ceramic: Ceramic coatings are used to increase the blade's hardness and maintain its sharp edge for a longer period.
- Teflon or Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE): This coating is used to reduce friction, making the shave smoother and minimizing skin irritation.
How to keep a razor blade sharp longer?
To ensure your razor blade stays sharp and effective for as long as possible, proper care and maintenance are essential. Here are five straightforward steps to help prolong the sharpness of your razor blade:
- Dry After Use: Always rinse and then dry your razor blade after each use. Moisture can cause the blade to corrode and dull, so patting it dry with a towel can help maintain its sharpness.
- Store in a Dry Place: Keep your razor in a dry environment, away from the humidity of the bathroom. This prevents the blade from rusting and losing its edge.
- Use Light Pressure: When shaving, use gentle strokes. Pressing too hard can quickly blunt the blade. Let the sharpness of the blade work for you.
- Clean Regularly: Rinse the blade with hot water during and after shaving to remove hair, skin, and shaving product residue. A clean blade is less likely to dull prematurely.
- Rotate Razors: If you have more than one razor, rotate their use. This gives each blade a break, extending its sharpness over time.